Bringing people together is a core ethos at Rightly and there are few better ways to do that than with food! We are a rapidly growing company with locations now in several countries and a very diverse set of skills, talents and cultural experiences to share.
With so many of us working remotely, we truly value the opportunities we create to get together in meaningful and fun activities that help bond us together as the solid team we are – no matter how far apart geographically we might be.
Last night, it was the turn of our Marketing and Sales Assistant, Ludovica Andreotti, to bring a uniquely Italian flair to a cooking masterclass focused on producing the perfect Gnocchi.
Ludovica’s recipe comes from her Nonna (Italian for Grandmother) and dates back to the 1920’s or 30’s. Her family used to make it on Sundays for the whole family to gather round the table together. Gnocchi is the perfect (and inexpensive) recipe to choose if you are feeding a lot of people!
Rightly team members joined virtually from 4 different countries to participate in the masterclass, and it was pretty special for us all to share in this Italian family tradition. We are very grateful to Ludovica and her Nonna for making this such an amazing experience!
If you would like to try the gnocchi for yourself, you can find the recipe below. And if you do decide to create this delicious dish, we would love to see pictures of the results!
Nonna Rita's Fabulous Gnocchi Recipe (for 4 people):
- 1 kg of normal potatoes
- 200 grams of flour type 00
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- A nice sauce for your gnocchi (tomatoes and basil, meat ragu, pesto or a cheese sauce all work well)
- Remove the skin from the potatoes and boil them for 15 minutes until soft.
- Drain and mash the potatoes with a fork, potato masher or ricer.
- Add flour and oil and knead into a dough (possibly when the potatoes are still hot but cool enough to handle safely.)
- When the dough is done, divide it into 4 parts and start rolling and cut small gnocchi.
- 30-40 min preparation time
- 3 min cooking time